Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday 5

If money were no object, what would your breastfeeding-related splurges be? Here are my Top 5.

1. Medela Freestyle Pump
I am one of those moms who doesn't respond well to the pump, so when I returned to work after having my son, it was a struggle to keep up with his demands. I was renting a hospital-grade pump and had to pump at least 6 times per day in order to make enough milk for my son the following day. It was a lot of pressure. I have heard good things about the Freestyle, but the best part for me would be the ability to be completely hands-free as well as mobile while pumping.

2. Condessa Nursing Bras & Underwear
I was a big cheapskate when it came to buying nursing bras. My nighttime bras were from Target and I got all of my daytime bras from an outlet store in my area that sold Playtex bras for around $9 each. The nursing bras from Condessa are truly lingerie--gorgeous, sexy, silky--but also completely functional and, most importantly, underwire-free! I mean, how beautiful is this? Hot, hot, hot!


3. Ergo Baby Carrier
I love my sling and I used it on my son until he was about a year old, but I REALLY love the look of the Ergo and how easy it seems to use. I always wanted to carry my son on my back, plus hands-free nursing is always a bonus. I don't think I've ever heard a bad thing about the Ergo and I've heard raves from other breastfeeding moms.

4. Japanese Weekend nursing nightgown
I never bought myself a real nursing nightgown, I just wore a huge gown and kept the top buttons open for easy access in the middle of the night. But the nightgowns from Japanese Weekend are so purty and since they're made of soft jersey, look so comfy.

5.Milkies Milk Savers
I was never a huge leaker, but when I did leak, I always HATED that all of that milk was going to waste. Enter the Milkies Milk Saver, a slim pouch that slips into your bra and catches leaking milk. It's not exactly cheap at about $50 for a pair, but if it helps to keep you from having to buy formula, it's worth every penny!


Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me- I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails