Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Breastfeeding twins is tough

Although many people think of Angelina Jolie as a "super mom," the actress confesses that breastfeeding her twins was very difficult and that she quit after three months.

"It's very hard," the actress confessed on Britain's morning show GMTV. "I stopped at three months, [it was] about as much as I could do."


"There's this football hold – it's a lot harder than it looks in the books,” she says in the prerecorded interview at her London hotel on Monday. "I did that a few times. I would take turns. It just takes a long time."


I can only imagine how tough it is to breastfeed twins. My own son wanted to nurse every 45 minutes those first few weeks and it seemed like all I did the first 4 months was breastfeed. With her hectic schedule and large family, I'm impressed Angelina lasted as long as she did. I give her kudos for the dedication to nursing twins. Jennifer Lopez didn't even try.


For more information on nursing twins, see this site.


Here are some pictures of the various positions used to nurse twins.


blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails