Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's a lie!




I love Salma Hayek! Frida is one of my all-time favorite movies. She always comes across as really smart and down-to-earth in all of her interviews. Oh, yeah, and she's totally gorgeous, too. When she was pregnant with her daughter, she gained a lot of weight. She's been open about the fact that she was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which was a factor. She was on Oprah back in May to promote her work with Pampers and UNICEF to provide vaccines to needy children around the world and the subject of pregnancy weight came up, of course. Unlike most celebs, Salma didn't make her first appearance post-baby at 6 weeks looking like a stick figure. She talked about losing the weight sensibly by exercising, but not compromising her nursing relationship with her daughter. She said what I have been waiting for someone to say for a long time: breastfeeding will not necessarily make the weight fall off! I know, I know, I'm not exactly helping my case any by saying this, but it's true. I'm assuming it's partially genetic because my mom breastfed me for 19 months and didn't lose an ounce. Tell me it's not just me, mom and Salma? Did any other breastfeeding moms have difficulty losing the pregnancy poundage?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails