Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Breastfeed Because....

In honor of World Breastfeeding Week, breast pump company Ameda has launched the "I Breastfeed Because..." campaign to give moms a voice and allow them to share their stories. Mothers who have breastfed in the past or are currently breastfeeding are encouraged to share a 20-second video on why they breastfeed.

Here's me discussing why I breastfeed. (Please excuse the nasal tone...I've been suffering from a sinus infection for weeks and I'm already pretty nasally as is!)



Want to share your story? You can, on Ameda's website, and they'll donate $5 to the Human Milk Bank Association of North America (HMBANA) for every video and $1 for every Tweet or comment on the site! In addition, everyone who uploads a video will be entered to win the grand prize of a $2,500 nursery makeover, or one of 25 $50 American Express gift cards.

Even better news? My pump of choice, the Ameda Purely Yours, is now available on BabiesRUs.com and will be available in stores soon. Before you had to order online or know an Ameda rep locally, but now the Purely Yours and all of its accessories will be available at a store near you!

So what are you waiting for? Why do YOU breastfeed? If you make a video and want to share it, please upload it to Youtube and leave a link in the comments so we all can see!

Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here. Follow me on Twitter- I'm @Blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails