Friday, March 5, 2010

Breastfeeding jokes galore on The Office

Did you catch last night's episode of The Office? Before it started, I tweeted my prediction for lots of breastfeeding jokes and they didn't disappoint! Pam and Jim had their baby girl and like many new moms, Pam had some trouble getting the baby to latch. Every time she tried to ask her nurse for help with breastfeeding, the nurse offered to take the baby to the nursery and give it a bottle. So frustrating, but unfortunately, that seems to be a universal experience amongst moms who gave birth in the hospital.

I loved that the lactation consultant in the hospital was male and that Pam accidentally breastfed her roommate's baby (wonder if she'll sue the hospital?) The only part I didn't like was Pam wearing that damn nursing cover all the time, even when in the hospital bed (does anyone really do this?). In the last scene she is struggling to get the baby to latch on while Jim has gone to install the carseat and I was hoping she would snatch the cover off and that would make the baby latch on properly, but alas it didn't go down that way. Oh, well, you can't have everything, right?

My next prediction? Pam is back to work and pumping, Michael "accidentally" walks in on her and hilarity ensues.

Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me- I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails