Sunday, February 8, 2009

Can you pick just one?

I have a few friends who are currently pregnant with their first child. Being the person I am, of course I am going to be the one gifting the breastfeeding accessories! I think a really good breastfeeding book is important. Moms who plan to breastfeed need to do their research before giving birth so that they understand what to expect when they bring that bundle of joy home. Everyone tells you how exhausted you'll be and how your house will fall apart, but people don't talk to you about the best position for nursing a newborn or how many dirty diapers you should look for each day.

I remember going to the book store and spending hours perusing the nursing books and agonizing over which one to buy. I had heard raves at my childbirth class about The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, but I finally ended up picking Bestfeeding: How to Breastfeed Your Baby, which I loved.

So if you had to go to a shower and could pick just one breastfeeding book to give to a pregnant friend, which one would it be?


Never want to miss an update of the Blacktating Blog? Subscribe here.
Twitter me-
I'm blacktating

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails