Monday, June 9, 2008

Pump it up!

Yesterday was my first day back at work after a long and enjoyable 6-month maternity leave. As difficult as it was to leave my baby, I knew he was in good hands (his father's) so it made the transition easier. When he has to go to regular daycare in August I am sure I'll be a wreck, but that is another post for another day.
So yesterday was my first day pumping full-time! To all the moms out there who are exclusively pumping for their babes because they had latch issues or supply issues....god bless ya! I don't think I could do this full-time! It's so time consuming, painful and arduous. Watching that slow drip into the bottle is like Chinese water torture. I was so stressed about making enough milk for the baby to eat for the next day that I could barely concentrate on anything else. I was able to get 4 oz my first pump, which was great. The second two only yielded 3 oz, but 10 oz is actually just enough. I have a decent freezer stash built up so I am not worried yet. I am drinking my mother's milk tea, trying to get enough rest, trying to stay stress-free. Here's to all the working moms who are pumping in order to continue giving their babies the best food possible. It's tough but so worth it. An extra special shout-out to those of you pumping in bathroom stalls, your car, janitor's closets and other less than ideal spaces. You are amazing and your babies are lucky to have you!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails